Classic Alden 44. Great sailing yacht, nice layout, blue hull, teak decks, Perkins diesel. Best priced Alden 44 on the market!
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
· Vacuum bagged balsa core fibreglass hull and deck.
· Teak overlay on side decks and in cockpit.
· Flag blue hull.
Keel & Rudder:
· Fibreglass centerboard.
Engine & Gearboxes:
· 1 x Perkins 4-154 62hp diesel engine.
· Hurth gearbox.
Propulsion & Steering:
· Shaft drive.
· 3-bladed Maxprop folding propeller with spurs.
· 12v House batteries; 1 x engine start.
· Battery charger.
· 100 amp Balmar alternator.
· 55 amp Alternator for engine battery.
· 110v Shore power.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
· Hot and cold pressurized water in galley.
· Electric shower sump pump.
· Manual bilge pump.
· Total capacity of 363 litres (80 gallons) in 1 x aluminium tank.
· Total capacity of 727 litres (160 gallons) in 1 x aluminium tank.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
· Total capacity of 181 litres (40 gallons) in 1 x tank.
· 2 x Propane gas bottles.
· Raytheon GPS.
· 2 x Raymarine RL70 radar plotters; 1 x at pedestal.
· Raymarine ST60 instruments – wind, speed, depth.
· Icom M700 SSB.
· Icom VHF.
· Sink on the inboard side.
· 2 x Large fridge/freezers.
· Stove on the outboard.
· 1 x WC.
Heating & Ventilation:
· Heads compartment extractor fan.
Summary of Accommodation:
· Teak interior with teak and holly cabin soles, and rattan finish on the locker fronts.
Description of layout from forwards:
Forward cabin sleeps 2 in a vee berth with removable filler piece. Hanging locker and drawers for storage. Opening ports and overhead hatch.
Main saloon has a straight settee to starboard (extendable) L-shaped settee to port with a drop leaf table on centerline. Pilot berth outboard of port settee. Storage behind both settees.
At the forward end of the galley, on centerline is the second companionway, leading up to the coachroof. The galley is spacious and has the sink on the inboard side, above the engine compartment, and the 2 x large fridge/freezers and stove outboard. Hot and cold pressurized water.
On the other side of the engine compartment is the large heads compartment, with WC, handheld shower and vanity sink.
- Aluminum double spreader rig.
- Wire standing rigging.
- Harken roller furling.
- Removable inner forestay.
- Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- Barient winches , all self tailing
- 6 x Winches around or on mast.
- 4 x Winches in cockpit.
- Storm trisail track.
- Yankee - Sperry sails 2001.
- 135% roller furling genoa Doyle.
- North main.
- North #1 genoa.
- North #2 Genoa.
- Staysail with clubfoot.
- Storm jib.
- Storm trysail.
- 3/4 oz spinnaker.
- Cruising spinnaker.
- Centerboard winch.
- Cockpit table.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
· Ideal electric windlass.
· 45# anchor CQR; 15’ chain, plus nylon rode.
· Bow roller.
· Dock lines.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
· Cockpit cushions.
· Dodger for both companionways.
· Emergency tiller.
· Liferaft (needs recertifying).