BALI HAI has been under the care of most experienced owners who have sailed her extensively during their ownership whilst maintaining and updating her thoughtfully. Amel produce astonishing yachts for blue water yachtsman and BALI HAI is ready to give much more service now.
The owner is a very experienced sailor. He spent 5 years training for the America’s Cup in 1964 and 10 years crewing for Robin Asher in the seventies, competing and winning in several Admiral’s Cup teams before crossing the Atlantic 5 x times, before spending 5 years in the Caribbean with his wife, and then 6 years in the South Pacific in their Oyster 435.
This Amel was specified in 2000 and commissioned in 2001 in La Rochelle. The intention was to set off for the Pacific again in this blue water yacht, but as the season was wrong for crossing the Atlantic, they turned left for Gibraltar. They then got waylaid in Malta and have since then cruised in the Mediterranean from Venice in the north, to Crete in the south, from Gibraltar in the west, to Finike in the east.
Recent Changes made by Owner
· Genoa with tell tales, window, canber stripes.
· Mainsail with telltales, vertical battens, canber stripes.
· Sprayhood with windows to see the sails.
· Foot switch in parallel with the up switch on anchor winch.
· Buegel anchor (36kg).
· Cockpit controlled preventers/boom controller on main.
· Mizzen sheet traveller controlled by lines in cockpit.
· Lagoon table mounts utilising original table which is easily removed and stowed.
· Special helmsman and navigator seats with gas filled struts to raise/lower and adjustable fore and aft position.
· Passurelle/bathing ladder extended by about 60 cm to that dinghy may be suspended below it when moored stern to.
· V-tronix VHF antenna with Windex.
· Second B&G Hydra 2000 control unit in cockpit.
· Grab handles on hard dodger.
· Storage space for winch handles on companion way.
· Partitions in storage spaces in bilges under saloon floor.
· Aft cabin with high quality double bunk 2m X 1.6m.
· Chart table seat as per helmsman’s seat.
· Openable locker under radar behind Amel m logo. Wired for amateur radio.
· Level floor on lazarette.
· Various spares and kits etc.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
· GRP hull.
· Watertight compartments.
Engine & Gearboxes:
· 1 x Yanmar 75hp turbo charged diesel engine.
· 1 x Fuel filter, plus 1 x Racor separator fuel filter, common with generator.
Maintenance & Performance:
· Maintenance completed by Amel, or current (first) owner, all logged.
· All original Amel Owner’s manuals, User’s guide and instructions.
· Engine Hours: c. 3027.
Propulsion & Steering:
· Joystick controlled Amel retractable bowthruster; cockpit control for bow thrusting and elevation.
· Kit to retrieve bowthruster to change propeller whilst yacht is in the water.
· Central cockpit with steering wheel under hard dodger; Captain’s seat (which can be moved up and down, forward s and backwards, as well as through 360 degrees) where all buttons for sails, navigation, anchor winch, anchor chain wash and engine are situated.
· Autoprop 3-bladed feathering propeller.
· Rope cutter.
· Spare propellers.
· 220v/24v electrical systems.
· 2 x 24v sockets in cockpit.
· Cigar lighter socket, 12v and 24 sockets at chart table and 24v in galley.
· Panel for circuit breakers for 24v and 220v systems, start/stop button for generator and control panel for watermaker.
· 3 x Power points for 220v appliances.
· 1 x Power point for 24v.
· 9 x Batteries, totally 480amp/h at 24v (2012) plus 1 x 12v starter battery.
· Shore power, or generated power, or inverter, running off battery bank 220v.
· 50amp Dolphin charger, 24v.
· 30amp Dolphin charger, 24v.
· 55amp 24v alternator.
· 80amp 12v alternator.
· 7kW Onan diesel generator with 1 x fuel filter, plus 1 x Racor separator fuel filter common with engine.
· Generator Hours: c. 2,562.
· 1,200w inverter.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
· Quick, 45 litre water heater tank (220v or engine heat exchange).
· Desalator 220v reverse osmosis watermaker 160/hour.
· Built in TDS meter.
· Manual and automatic bilge pump.
· Total capacity of 600 litres in 1 x diesel tank.
· Total capacity of 1,000 litres in 1 x tank situated in the keel.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
· Grey water tank with automatic pumpout.
· 2 x Holding tanks.
· Sealable locker with 2 x gas bottles in lazarette.
· B&G Hydra 2000 instruments, 2 x FFDs (displays) at chart table and in cockpit, analog displays for boat speed, wind speed, wind direction and magnified wind direction.
· Halcyon 2000 fluxgate compass.
· Raymarine ST7000 autopilot with 2 x drives, 1 x linear and 1 x chain driven.
· Raytheon fluxgate compass.
· Furuno 36 M radar.
· Sailor Inmarsat C satellite transceiver.
· Cobra VHF/DSC.
· Whiplash aerial for SSB and insulated mizzen backstay for ham radio.
· Furuno GPS.
· Garmin GPS.
· AIS receiver connected to computer.
· Yaesu ham radio.
· Frigoboat: 1 x upstanding refrigerator, 2 x refrigerator freezers under cushions in saloon.
· Thomson top loading washing/drying machine.
· Eumenia Mini Dish washer.
· Electrolux microwave oven.
· 2-burner gas stove, ENO.
· Stainless steel crash bar on stove.
· Double bowl sink.
· 2 x WCs with holding tanks.
· 2 x Showers.
· Cockpit shower, fresh water.
Heating & Ventilation:
· 3 x Climma air conditioning units (cooling & heating).
· 2 x Fans, 24v.
· Fresh air ventilation system.
· Fan extractor over stove.
· Flat screen TV; connectable to computer, video, radio/CD/changer.
· DVD player.
· Car radio with Mp3 player and AUX outlet.
· 5-CD/radio changer.
· Navigation lights at deck level and on top of mast.
Summary of Accommodation:
· Forward cabin with 2 x single berths, or 1 x double plus 1 x short single.
· Aft cabin with 1 x double berth, 2m x 1.6m.
· Middle cabin (passageway) with 1 x single berth over battery bank.
· 1 x Stow away berth in saloon, settee plus table and sofas around table.
· 2 x Heads compartments with electric WCs, holding tanks, Grohe thermostatic shower fittings and shower curtains.
· Chart table with radar, GPS, VHF, SSB, Ham radios, AIS and Inmarsat C.
· 2 x Hatches in aft cabin (1 x extra fitted on cabin roof), 1 x hatch in saloon, 1 x in forward head and 1 x in forward cabin.
· Safe in locker in aft cabin.
· Special breathing foam mattresses in aft cabin.
· Main and genoa electrically unfurled and furled from steering position in cockpit.
· Amel ballooner/genoa boom.
· Custom design boom trimmer.
· Preventer/vang laid into cockpit.
· 3 x Electrical Lewmar winches.
· 8 x Manual Lewmar winches.
· Genoa, 65 square meters, electrically furled, new 2010.
· Main, 35 square meters, electrical inmast furling, vertical battens, new 2010.
· Mizzen, 19 square meters, manual inmast furling, new 2010.
· Amel’s downwind Balooner, 68 square meters and pole system.
· Mizzen ballooner, 31 square meters.
· Preventers for main and mizzen.
· Central cockpit with steering wheel.
· Bathing ladder convertible to gangplank, extended compared to the standard.
· Stow away table.
· 3 x Cockpit lockers, 2 x lockers up front on deck, 1 x outside cockpit (liferaft locker).
· Fishing rod support.
· Complete scuba diving equipment including dive compressor – petrol motor driven, 2 x air bottles, 2 x new wet suits for a solid man and a slim woman – both 6’ (183cm), 2 x B.Cs, goggles and a dive computer etc.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
· Lofrans Tigres anchor winch, can be controlled from foredeck or cockpit.
· 4 x Anchors; Buegel anchor 36kg, aluminium Fortress, Fisherman and stainless CQR anchor 25kg.
· 2 x Long ropes.
· 1 x 80m anchor chain (re-galvanized 2009).
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
· Hard dodger.
· Sprayhood with aft curtain.
· Sun awnings for cockpit, aft cabin and saloon.
Tender & Outboard:
· Davits for dinghy.
· 3m Honwave with aluminium insert floor boards (2009).
· 15hp Mercury outboard.
· 5hp Selva 4-stroke outboard (2010).
· Brackets for both motors.
· 2 x Fuel tanks.
· Watertight compartments.
· Stainless steel all round guard rails.
· Liferaft, 6 person Autoflug (15 years old).
· Grab bag.
· EPIRB (2013).
· Horseshoe buoy with light and sea anchor.
· Emergency tiller.
· Water overflow alarm in engine room.
· Bolts for safety harness around stove and mid galley.
· 2 x Stainless U-bolts for safety harness clip in cockpit.
· Safety harnesses with tethers.
· Fire extinguishers in saloon, aft cabin and engine room.