The Hanse 345 is an innovative design that offers excellent sailing performance and spacious accommodations. The large cockpit & swim platform combined with a roomy well appointed interior make the 345 an excellent family cruiser/racer. By maximizing the usefulness of the full length and beam the 345 feels like a much larger boat, but with small boat handling, and lower operating costs.
Stars & Stripes is an excellent example of this model. She has had light seasonal use by an experienced yachtsman, and has always been yard maintained to a high standard. This is a terrific opportunity to purchase a near-new boat at a used boat price.
The Hanse 345 offers remarkable accommodations for its size. The Herreshoff style interior - with white paneled bulkheads and varnished teak trim and lockers - provides a very bright and iinviting interior. Five flush opening deck hatches and five port lights offer ample light and ventilation in all cabins.
Large V-berth forward with overhead shelving and hanging lockers just aft to port & starboard.
Settee seating to port with storage lockers outboard and above. The aft end of the settee provides seating for the Nav Station. The Nav Station includes a chart table and electronics panel.
To Starboard is a large L-shaped settee with ourboard storage lockers. A large centerline drop-leaf dining table can accommodate up to 8 for meals. Two overhead hatches and 3 large opening ports provide excellent ventilation.
The L-shaped galley is aft of the main cabin and to starboard of the companionway steps. Features include:
- 12V Isotherm refrigeration
- 2-bay Stainless steel sink
- H/C pressure water
- 2-burner LPG stove with oven
- Corian counters
Large aft cabin to starboard with a large double berth. Overhead shelving and double hanging locker provide storage. Opening port for ventilation
Aft to port is a large head, featuring:
- manual jabsco toilet w. holding tank
- vanity with storage cabinet and large mirror
- spacious walk-in shower stall
110 volt shower power
Shower power battery charger
Shore power cord
12 volt power with panel
1 90amp engine start battery
(2) 2016 Vectran AGM batteries
Fusion stereo with speakers in cockpit and main saloon, and Fusion remote
12V Isotherm refrigeration
Simrad Instrument package:
- Simrad IS40 Navigation display at helm with wind/depth and boat speed functions
- Simrad NSS 12 inch touch screen GPS Chart plotter and radar
- Simrad below-decks Auto pilot
- Simrad VHF at nav station
- Silva compass at helm and another at forward cockpit bridgedeck
- Delta anchor on Stainless Steel bow roller
- All chain rode, approximately 150'
- Electric Windlass mounted in anchor locker
Stainless steel wire lifelines
5 flush deck hatches, and 5 opening ports
Line wells for leading lines back to cockpit
Stanchion mounted boarding step
- Twin helms with easy walk-through to transom
- Fold down swim platform with swim ladder
- Centerline drop-leaf cockpit table
- padded seating in stern quarters
- cockpit cushions
- H/C cockpit shower
- rail-mounted Life-Sling
- cockpit speakers
- line-handling pouches
The hull is laminated with vinyl ester resin for osmosis protection, the deck is a strong and lightweight sandwich construction with balsa core. Main bulkheads are laminated to hull and deck for added strength. Elegant hull-deck-joint eliminates toe rail fixings.
Shoal draft keel, bolted to the the solid bottom structure and strong high quality stainless steel bolts. Effective pre-balanced rudder with self-adjusting bearings.
Light grey topsides with white boot stripes
Sails and Rigging
Double-spreader, deck-stepped, Seldon mast
Furlex 200S jib furler
Hanse integrated self-tacking jib system. All halyards, sheets, trimming and reefing lines are covered and run aft below the decks to the helmsman position. There is an extra genoa track for an optional larger genoa. Large lockers for sheets and lines stowage.
German mainsheet system
Rigid boom vang
- (2) Lewmar Electric Primaries, accessible from helm stations
- (2) Lewmar 2-speed S/T secondaries, in cockpit
- No winches on mast
- Elvstron Dacron battened mainsail
- Elvstrom Dacron working jib, self-tacking
- 130 Dacron Genoa added in 2015 for better light air performance