Neat, well built Swedish cruiser/racer with very roomy teak interior accommodating 6 berths. New UK Pentex main and genoa in 2008, new head, all plumbing replaced throughout the boat and extensive revarnishing in 2009, plus a new Garmin GPS/plotter ST30 speed/depth. Has been used for light cruising and Tuesday night non spin racing. Volvo MD5B diesel saildrive in great shape. Very easily sailed as it is set up for a self tacking jib.
While rare in the US, The Maxi Fenix is one of Sweden’s most popular sailboats of its size, and this is #855 of 1300 built. Designed and built by the talented industrial designer Pelle Pettersen, who also designed the iconic Volvo P1800 car. This boat impresses with its intelligent construction, ease of service and practicality. A lot of boat for not much money.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
· Fibreglass hull and deck.
Keel & Rudder:
· Bolt on cast iron bulb keel, stripped and epoxied in 2011.
· Spade rudder with tiller.
· Tiller extension.
Engine & Gearboxes:
· Volvo MD5B single cylinder diesel with 110S saildrive and folding Volvo prop.
Maintenance & Performance:
· Reliable and fully serviced: the valves were adjusted and a new injector installed in the spring of 2009.
· Repainted in 2009.
· Total Power: 7.5 knots
· Cruising Speed: 5 knots
· Engine repainted in 2009.
· Engine insulation replaced in 2009.
· New air intake hoses in 2009.
· Racor fuel water separator.
· New Group 24 batteries in 2008.
· Battery switch.
· Circuit breaker panel.
· 41 litre stainless steel fuel tank.
· 95 litre plastic water tank - removed and cleaned in 2009.
· New fresh water plumbing in 2009.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
· Stainless steel holding tank.
In cockpit/at chart table:
· Garmin GPS/colour plotter inc built in US charts – 2007.
· Raymarine ST30 speed/depth – 2006.
· Horizon VHF – 2006.
· 2 burner alcohol stove.
· New Jabsco head in 2009.
· New head plumbing in 2009.
· Interior lighting.
· Reading lights.
· 12v socket.
Summary of Accommodation:
· The interior is in great condition with an elegant high quality Swedish varnished finish over honey coloured teak.
· Stainless heat lining renewed around stove in 2009.
· Teak /holly floorboards revarnished in 2009.
· Companionway steps revarnished in 2009.
· Table revarnished in 2009.
Description of layout from forwards:
Forward Cabin and Heads:
· Offset berth in forward cabin, with storage under.
· 2 shelves, hanging locker and to starboard is the vanity sink, with a foot pump for cold water, and a Jabsco head with a teak hinged cover.
· Storage for outboard.
· Dinette to starboard and a pedestal mounted teak table which drops down to make a double.
· Aft seatback is removable for better access to the aft starboard berth.
· Galley to port, and has a sink, drawers and several lockers for food and pot stowage.
· Cover for stove and sink that increases the work top area.
· Fold up flap on the icebox makes a chart table.
· Behind the companionway steps is a very large bed sleeping 2 in comfort.
· Under the steps is access to the engine, via a lift up box.
· Single spreader swept back rig.
· Fractional rigged headsail.
· Furlex roller furling.
· Self tacking jib track.
· Genoa tracks.
· Spin pole.
· Topping lift.
· Spinnaker sheets.
· Spinlock rope clutches.
· Adjustable traveler.
· Adjustable backstay.
· New Lewmar cabin winches – 2009.
· Barlow primary winches.
· 3 x winch handles.
· UK Halsey Pentex main – 2008.
· UK Halsey 155% genoa – 2008.
· Halsey main dacron – 2002.
· 130% genoa.
· Thurston self tacking jib on removable innerforestay – 2011.
· Self tacking jib Dacron.
· Storm jib.
· New cabin stripes (from Maxi) 2008.
· New hull stripes (from Maxi) 2008.
· Cockpit locker.
· Forehatch - new glass in 2008.
· Anchor locker.
· Bilge pump.