The Swan 651 was conceived as a fast cruising yacht. Originally named WHITE SWAN this yacht was built for an experienced owner and delivered in the spring of 1983. She has a powerful sloop rig but for ease of handling she has a Reckmann mast with hydraulic furling and hydraulic outhaul for the mainsail, also hydraulic furling headstay and powered sheet winches.
Always well maintained, lightly used, never chartered, WHITE SWAN remained in her original ownership until summer 1999. The yacht was refitted during 1997/98. The main items of the refit included - a new teak laid deck, simplified deck layout and complete rig overhaul. The whole yacht was subject to a thorough inspection, with servicing, refitting or replacing of any parts as deemed necessary. Following her change of ownership in 1999 the yacht underwent further improvement and the addition of much new equipment – including, air conditioning, water maker (not operated in this ownership and condition unknown), Inmarsat system, computer and radios. WHITE SWAN then sailed to the Caribbean and Florida before returning to Palma. In the summer of 2001 she changed hands again and was renamed ASTERI. The yacht underwent further refurbishing, including new cabin sole boards, new upholstery and other items. She subsequently crossed again to the Caribbean, returning to Europe in the summer of 2002 and was subsequently lightly used in the UK. In this ownership she has cruised in Scandinavia and proved herself to be a perfect family cruising yacht. She has been substantially improved and updated including the fitting of a new generator, a new enclosure system for the aft cockpit and upgrade or service of all the main systems as well as repaint and overhaul of the rig. She has been returned to the South Coast of the UK to be offered for sale. 2010 has seen further upgrades with a new electric bow thruster which makes handling ASTERI very easy shorthanded, full re-varnish of the interior, new refrigeration, new cream leather upholstery and new mattresses in all the cabins.
The following inventory mainly comprises a list of the extras supplied and fitted, in addition to the standard Nautor specification. If you would like further information please contact us.
Hull and Deck:
· White hull with blue coaming and cove lines painted, under-water area given epoxy treatment in 1998.
· Teak laid deck, new 1998.
· Deck layout non standard and recently further modified for ease of handling and simplicity.
· Gates in lifelines aft, port and starboard.
· Deck prisms set in main cockpit floor to give extra light to engine room.
· Aluminium deck fittings re-anodised, 1998.
Engine and Generator:
· Perkins 6.3544 M diesel engine, 89.5 KW (120 bhp) at 2800 RPM rebuilt 2006.
· Service power: 24v.
· Range under power approx. 1,000 n.m. at 6.5 knots. Maximum speed 9 knots.
· Fire extinguisher system in engine room 2007.
· 3 blade feathering Max Prop propeller 2007.
· Mastervolt Whisper generator 2008.
· Webasto central heating 2006.
· Sleipner SE210 13.5hp tunnel bowthruster 2010.
Tankage and Plumbing:
· Fuel: 1,110.
· Water: 1,377.
· Aquafresh water-maker, 140 litres per hour, 1999.
· Refrigeration and freezer via 220v (generator or shore power), new compressors 2010.
· All seacocks new 1998.
· Electric bilge pump. Whale manual bilge pumps.
· Vacuflush toilet aft, 1998. Electric shower sump pumps.
· Starboard forward toilet fitted with holding tank.
· Par ITT electric toilets forward to port and to starboard.
· 2 x calorifiers with 65 litre capacity 2006.
· CLD Marine air conditioning, new 1999 (to aft cabin only).
· Shorepower 220v with 24v 80 A battery charger.
· 12 x 6v 240 Ah service batteries, 24v system, all new in gel 2004.
· 2 x 12v 140 Ah / 460 A engine start batteries, 24v system in lead acid 2004.
· 1 x 12v 140 Ah / 460 A generator start battery in lead acid 2004.
· Alternator 70 Amp for service batteries; alternator 30 Amp for engine start rebuilt 2006.
· Spreader lights.
· 2300 watt inverter 2007.
· Brookes and Gatehouse Hydra 2000 system, with - MFD at pedestal; analogue repeaters at aft cockpit (wind speed, wind direction, boat speed and depth); MFD and master keyboard at chart table.
· Thrane & Thrane CapSat Dual Inmarsat M + C, 1999 rebuilt 2006.
· Skanti DSC 1000 P VHF, incl. remote control, 1999 + repeater at helm.
· Suunto compass.
· Furuno Navnet radar/chart plotter 2006 with AIS at chart table and at helm.
· B&G Hydra autopilot with hydraulic ram 2006.
· Furuno Navtex NX300.
· Aft cabin and saloon overhead paneled in teak.
· Teak and holy cabin sole throughout.
· Cream leather upholstery replaced 2010 and new mattresses.
· Aft owners cabin with double berth on centre-line.
· Single seat to port, double settee to starboard.
· Lockers port and starboard.
· Extra hanging locker and drawers on starboard side.
· Forward in a dressing room area with mirror.
· Desk / vanity unit with stool to port.
· Private toilet / shower area forward.
· Hella Turbo ventilation fan and radio cassette unit by bed.
· Day shower / foul weather gear storage, and Navigation area on starboard side.
· Access panels to engine room on centre-line
· Door to enclosed galley which is situated to port, (closed bulkhead to saloon).
· Alpes Inox cooker with four burner oven and electric grill.
· Samsung microwave / grill.
· Twin s/s sinks.
· Fridge with front opening s/s door as well as top access.
· Lots of stowage.
· Hella Turbo ventilation fan.
· U shape settee port-side with lockers and bookshelf behind.
· Folding leaf teak dining table.
· Settee to starboard with coffee table.
· Shelf outboard.
· Bar unit forward of settee.
From saloon a door way leads to:
Two guest cabins:
· Each fitted out with upper and lower berths.
· Hanging locker.
· Cabinet locker.
· Hinged table unit.
· Private toilet / shower area forward.
· Adjoining toilet / shower area forward, from which a door leads to the Fo'c'sle with two teak hinged berth.
· Ladder up to deck via large sliding hatch.
· Sony stereo cassette player in aft cabin.
· Sony 10 player CD player at chart table with speaker switches (saloon and/or cockpit) 2006.
· Bose sound system 2006.
· Sony 32” LCD digital flat screen TV 2007.
· Triple spreader sloop rig. I = 26.80m.
· Nautor / Reckmann mast of aluminium alloy. Reckmann boom, hauled, repainted and fully serviced 2006.
· Rod rigging. Running backstays. Shroud rollers.
· Reckmann in mast hydraulic drive furling mainsail system, controls at helm.
· Reckmann hydraulic furling headstay. All hydraulics rebuilt at manufacturers in 2006.
· Furlex manual furling for staysail 2006.
· Navtec hydraulic tensioners for backstay, vang, baby-stay and inner stay with main control panel on forward side of pedestal and separate gauges to port of helm.
· Spinnaker pole, stows on mast.
· Halyards upgraded as necessary, new spinnaker halyards in Dyneema 2009.
· Primary sheet winches 2 x 98 with “coffee grinder” system.
· Secondary sheet winches 2 x 70 hydraulic drive.
· Mainsheet winch 1 x 65 ST (self tailing) - spare function on hydraulic pack to convert this to hydraulic at later date if required.
· 2 x 44 ST - mainsheet traveller. 2 x 65 CST and 2 x 55 CST at mast – halyards.
· In mast furling mainsail by DeVries 2006.
· In mast furling mainsail, new 1998.
· Furling 135% genoa, new 8/2001 by North
· Old genoa, recut to a yankee – but not particularly well fitting.
· No 1 light genoa by North.
· Asymmetric with snuffer.
Tender and Outboard:
· Dinghy, 4.3m with centre console, new 8/2001.
· Medical kit.
· EPIRP (out of date).
· 2 x life-rings with lights.
· 2 x Viking 6-man Solas liferafts.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
· CQR anchor 75 lb. 75m of 10 mm chain.
· Recessed 24v electric anchor windlass with hand held control switches, rebuilt 2007.
Canvas, Covers and Cushions:
· Large sprayhood for main companionway / cockpit, new 2008.
· Cockpit upholstery and cockpit table.
· Aft boarding gangway.
· Backrest fittings for main cockpit.