QUADRILLE OF THE ISLES is a superb cruising yacht which is beautifully built by Northwind to sleek designs by Marcelo Penna. She has a splendid American cherry wood interior and has been meticulously maintained in this ownership with many upgrades including new Burmese teak decks, and many new systems as well as an overhaul of her carbon rig and new sails. She offers safe and secure blue water sailing yet is compact enough to own and run without full time crew. She is priced at a level, which indicates her owners’ serious intention to sell.
Our North Wind 62 was built in 1997 for a small syndicate of 4 owners to sail in the ARC’97, one of whom was also a Director of the builder, Ola Astilleros S.L. in Barcelona. Hence she was fitted to the highest quality and extensive specification. Furthermore she was fully managed, so maintained continuously in A1 condition.
I originally acquired a 50% share in 2002 and then purchased her outright in 2011, when we sailed her back from Malta to Dartmouth, Devon, her Port of Registry.
Other than 1½ years in the U.K., my wife and I have sailed her continuously throughout most of the Mediterranean. She’s very easy to sail with just the 2 of us and highly maneuverable with her Vetus bow thruster, and she can enter the smallest of harbours with her shallow draft.
She sails beautifully, looks absolutely stunning with her classic lines and is as safe and sturdy a yacht as one can possibly be. She’s also extremely comfortable below decks, so we frequently use her as a houseboat over the winter months, when she’s safely berthed.
All in all, she’s a joy to be aboard and just ideal for all the family and friends with so much deck space and such a large main cockpit.
We will be very sad to say goodbye to her after 12+ years of ownership. She has been meticulously maintained and continuously improved and upgraded during my ownership. Unfortunately advancing age is the sole reason for putting her on the market now.
She will be missed enormously, but I only want to Part Company with QUADRILLE to someone who will take as much care of her as we have!
Note: Annual expenses for the past 10+ years and detailed logbooks since launch in 1997 available. Very extensive!
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
· GRP hull, subdeck and superstructure; the hull is a conventional solid layout with Twaron and carbon fibre reinforcing, making her a very strong and safe yacht.
· Full teak decks including in the cockpit (all replaced 2008); with flush foredeck.
· Teak and stainless steel exterior trim.
· Topsides were resprayed in Awlgrip Matterhorn White by Pedros Finishing in Galmpton Yard, Devon (August 2012).
Keel & Rudder:
· Cast iron shoal draft with aquaplane wings.
Engine & Gearboxes:
· 1 x Yanmar (4LH-HTE) 140hp turbo diesel with 24v and 12v alternators.
· Volvo Lipseal stern gland (2009).
Maintenance & Performance:
· Engine Hours: c. 7,400.
· Fuel Consumption: 7 litres per hour.
Propulsion & Steering:
· Vetus bowthruster.
· Electric installation 12v/24v and 220v – including shore supply.
· 3kw Inverter 24v-220v.
· 12 x 2v for 24v system (new in 2014)
· 2 x 12v systems for independent for Yanmar and Westerbeke engines + combined facility.
· 650Ah domestic battery bank (2014).
· 300Ah engine starter battery (2013).
· 300Ah generator starter battery (2012).
· Mastervolt electronic charger and shore power system.
· 12v and 24v engine mounted alternators.
· Generator Alternator (2015) - Synchronous, 4-poles, brush less self-excited, electronic voltage regulator (AVR); rotor and stator epoxy resin coated against external agents; rotor dynamically balanced; insulation class H.
· MASE IS-9 generator – Yanmar 3TNV82 15.4hp diesel engine (2015).
· The gen-set control panel was designed to include, in one single panel, the switches, control devices and the protection devices.
· Engine cut-off module for automatic stop of engine in case of high water temperature, low oil pressure, high alternator temperature.
· Start-stop button.
· Breaker for protection against of overload or short circuit
· Thermal switch.
· 220v shore power inlet with 220v outlets throughout the yacht.
· 3kw inverter.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
· Hot and cold water pressure system.
· Hot water tank 60l with electric heater and engine coil.
Showers & heads:
· 4 x Interior showers + exterior deck shower.
· 3 x Electric fresh water heads + 1 x manual heads.
· 3 x Electric bilge pumps.
· Manual bilge pump.
· Total capacity of 1,400 litres.
· Total capacity of 1,400 litres.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
· 3 x Holding tanks.
· Raymarine AIS 650 transceiver (2012).
· Raymarine ST60+ instruments at helm repeated at chart table.
· Autopilot Autohelm St6000 with repeater.
· Plotter Raymarine C80 (with Mediterranean & North Atlantic charts).
· Clock, barometer and tidal clock.
· Compass on binnacle & handheld.
· Raymarine 218E VHF radio with DSC; recently serviced in the UK (2015) and fitted with a new circuit board, with in & out handsets
· Icom M31 handheld VHF (2007).
· Garmin 72H handheld GPS (2011).
· Autohelm ST6000 autopilot with dual controls.
· Raytheon radar.
· Raymarine C80 chart plotter with Navionics med charts (2007).
· Hewlett Packard 510 laptop (2007).
· ST60+ log/speed.
· ST60+ depth.
· ST60+ wind instrument.
· Icom M600 SSB transceiver.
· Icom M31 handheld VHF (2007).
· Stainless steel gimbaled 3-burner cooker with oven & grill (2010).
· 4’ tall stainless steel lined front opening fridge.
· Top loading freezer with additional icebox.
· 3kg Beko washing machine (2009).
· Microwave oven (2012).
· Cooker hood.
· Double sink.
· Fresh water filter system & tap.
· Galley equipment for 10.
· Hot/cold deck shower.
· Owner’s cabin with en-suite heads with fresh water Jabsco toilet, wash basin and shower.
· Guest cabins with en-suite heads, shower, basin and fresh water Jabsco toilets.
· Separate day heads with manual salt water Jabsco toilet + shower and wash basin.
Heating & Ventilation:
· Marine Air air-conditioning (2014).
· Bush digital TV & DVD player (2010).
· Clarion Radio/CD player with internal and external stereo speakers (2012).
· Deck floodlight.
Summary of Accommodation:
· 4 cabins total + 1 navigator’s berth. Total 11 berths.
· Finished throughout in American cherry wood.
· Saloon with dining area (re-upholstered 2008).
· Full size chart table.
· Aft owner’s cabin with king sized bed.
· Lee cloths.
· Writing desk.
· Security safe.
· Dressing table.
· 2 x Spacious guest cabins each with en suite heads, shower, basin and electric flush fresh water Jabsco toilets (2012).
· Forepeak cabin with 2 x bunk beds & wash basin.
· U shaped galley with double sink + fresh water filter tap.
· Corian worktops.
Description of layout from forwards:
· Forepeak cabin with 2 x bunk beds, wash basin, and access through deck hatch or accommodation.
2 x Guest Cabins:
· Twin double guest cabins, each with double bed, plus additional fold down sea berth, lee clothes, large stowage; each with en-suite heads compartment – shower, washbasin, electric flush toilets and Corian worktops.
· Full width deck saloon with all round visibility from sitting or standing. 2-leaf table with inlay veneer compass rose, 2-seater settee, full length navigators berth, and large chart table & swivel bucket chair.
· Access aft central to yacht with galley to port and day heads to starboard, also large wet locker.
· U-shaped galley with Corian worktops, fully equipped with domestic appliances.
· WC, washbasin & shower.
· Owner’s cabin with king-size bed, 2 x lee cloths, writing desk, security safe, dressing table, cupboards and wardrobes.
· En-suite heads compartment with WC, wash basin, shower, vanity cupboard and Corian worktops.
· Large leisure focused cockpit with full sized dining table, adjustable bimini on tracks and a sprayhood with rollaway blind.
· Steering cockpit with leather rim wheel, all instruments on binnacle, electric winches, Vetus bowthruster and anchor winch controls. 2 x Massive deck lockers, plus 1 x smaller deck locker.
· Opening transom garage for Caribe rib.
· Dive platform with extending swimming ladder.
· Cutter rig with carbon fibre mast – triple spreader (unstopped and resprayed with new shrouds 2009).
· Lazy jacks and lazy bag (2010).
· Carbon fibre spinnaker pole.
· Neil Pryde Spinnaker.
· Twin hydraulic backstays.
· Twin running backstays.
· Insulated backstay for SSB antenna.
· Harken furling genoa gear.
· Harken furling staysail gear.
· Mainsail reefing lines 2015
· Spare main halyards
· 2 x Lewmar 66ST electric genoa winches.
· Coachroof mounted Lewmar 52ST electric halyard and reefing winch.
· 2 x Lewmar ST mainsheet winch.
· 2 x Lewmar ST mast winches.
· Stainless steel radar post with articulated crane and ST winch.
· New Hydranet 480 fully battened mainsail (2014).
· New Dimension Polyant Hydranet 150% Genoa (2015) with Harken furler.
· New Dimension Polyant Hydranet staysail (2015) with Harken furler.
· Westaway Hydranet fully battened mainsail (2014).
· Westaway Hydranet 150% furling genoa (2015).
· Westaway Hydranet furling staysail. (2015)
· Neil Pride spinnaker.
· 2 x Forward Deck lockers.
· Lazarette with deck hatch and transom doors for dinghy.
· Swimming platform.
· Boarding/extendable swimming ladder.
· Magna Newport gas BBQ with rail mounts (2010).
· Bosun’s chair.
· Wire cutters for 16mm cable.
· Comprehensive tool kit.
· 220v Compressor for diving tanks, etc
· 4 x Diving tanks, weights, flippers, masks for 8, Ringo, etc
· Re-chargeable electric air pump.
· Fishing rods, rod holders, reels etc.
· Dedicated and sealed gas locker with 2 calor gas tanks in the lazarette and 3rd spare tank stored in the forward deck locker
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
· Lofrans project 2000 electric vertical anchor windlass (2012).
· 75lb CQR anchor with 100m chain (2012).
· 75lb Bruce anchor and warp.
· 10 x Fenders, assortment of warps, sundry deck ware and chandlery.
· Electric salt water deck pump and hose
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
· New cover for cockpit (2010).
· Bimini cover (2015); 2 x very serviceable biminis and 1 x lazybags available.
· Sprayhood (2015).
· 3 x Windscoops.
· New overall mainsail boom cover (2015).
Tender & Outboard:
· Caribe RIB and 4hp Yamaha outboard.
· EPIRB (Trans Ocean).
· 8 x Auto inflatable life jackets with harnesses
· 4 x Manual lifejackets
· 2 x 6 person liferafts (with deck locker); 6-man Seago liferaft in valise (2010). 6-man X-Marine liferaft in canister with pushpit cradle.
· RORC flare pack (2014)
· Plastimo danbuoy with auto light (2010).
· 2 x Horseshoe buoys with auto lights.
· Offshore C-medic first aid kit.
· Fire extinguishers in saloon and each cabin and auto fire extinguisher in engine room.
· Smoke detectors (4) & fire blanket.