CONNDA VENNESSA is truly a unique yacht, built to massive scantlings that are usually found in a vessel twice her size. Her hull is so strong that she can take just about anything the sea can throw at her. Stabilized and with a deep draft, her motion is quite comfortable in any sea state. With a range of over 3000 miles, she is capable of going anywhere in the world.
In 2006/07 her present owners refitted CONNDA VENNESSA totally. The hull and superstructure have been taken back to bare, any rot or damage rectified and repainted. The deck has been relaid and the engine room completely rebuilt. Most of the systems have been either totally overhauled or rebuilt. The interior has been completely remodeled giving her a pleasing and contemporary feel without losing her traditional good looks and atmospheric feel. She has had a further refit 2010, and everything is in good cosmetic and operational condition. Last refit 2013/2014.
It is impossible to overstate the considerable volume and comfortable four-stateroom layout that CONNDA VENNESSA offers. Her 6.8m beam gives the impression of a 90' motor yacht. Couple this spaciousness with her low rpm Kelvin diesel, the comfort and warmth of a wood interior with her massive, overbuilt Iroko hull, and you have a rare and wonderful vessel. Kelvin Diesels are renowned for their reliability. Used by trawler fleets around the World they have an enviable reputation. They are still in production and almost exactly the same model is being manufactured today. CONNDA VENNESSA is an economical yacht to run. In her previous ownership she cruised extensively in the North Atlantic, North Sea, Irish Sea and Mediterranean and in the Red Sea. She is now fully equipped for comfortable Mediterranean cruising.
CONNDA VENNESSA is an exceptional motor yacht that is now being offered in fully turnkey condition and which is perfect either for local cruising or to cross oceans, which she will manage effortlessly. She is super value given her huge construction and the scale of the recently completed refits.
CONNDA VENNESSA is now offered by sealed bid tender. Please contact us for the sealed bid tender form and bundle of information which accompanies this.
Mahogany beam ceiling and mahogany teak panelling throughout
In 2006/07 CONNDA VENNESSA was totally refitted, work to the structure included -
Hull completely stripped to bare wood, rotten planks (approximately 3 sqm) replaced, the hull planks were re-fastened and the whole hull was completely re-caulked. The non-operational stabilizer fins were removed and 2 x 2 new bilge keels were added. The hull was faired and painted. The yacht is single plank wood construction and therefore some movement is expected, hence a semi-commercial paint finish was chosen.
Areas of the superstructure, where rot was found or suspected, were replaced with marine plywood and protected with fibreglass and epoxy where required; further work to this was carried out 2010
All windows are replaced, all window frames replaced and varnished. All portholes were chrome plated and fitted with new windows.
A completely new deck was been laid both on main and bridge decks, an area of approximately 120 sq metres. The mizzen was removed in order to create an outdoor living area underneath sun awning. The deck above the bridge was converted into a sun bathing area with a 10 sq metre 3-piece cushion.
In the course of normal maintenance the hull was stripped back to bare wood 2010/11 and has been totally repainted.
During the 2013/14 maintenance period the hull has been completely repainted, among other improvements.
- Kelvin 8 cylinder 415hp Turbo charged diesel
- Built 1974
- Cruising speed 8.5 – 9 knots
- Maximum speed 11 knots
- Range 3,000 miles (approximately)
The engine was completely rebuilt in 2010 and the drive train overhauled at the same time. Since then the engine has seen very little use. New exhaust 2014.
The gearbox has been taken apart and renovated.
- Four blade prop + 1 spare identical four blade prop mounted on foredeck
- Hydraulic SP550 Sidepower bowthruster 2006/07 serviced 2010
Hydraulic steering totally overhauled 2006, new seals fitted 2013.
- 24 volt dc electro-hydraulic pump for steering 2006/07. Fully serviced 2010
- Morse engine controls
- CO2 Fire extinguishing systems for the engine-room 2006/07, serviced 2010
Jabsco engine driven mechanical bilge pump with manifold to empty fore, mid and aft bilge, also waste emergency engine cooling and autopilot cooling.
- 24 volt DC bilge bumps with bilge alarms installed forward, midships and aft
- 10 units x 9000 BTU air conditioning installed throughout ship 2006/07, serviced 2010
All auxiliary systems where taken out of the engine room, the engine room was painted, the old insulation was stripped and replaced, as well as new flooring, this work was completed 2010
- 3 phase 27kw Kohler diesel generator 2006/07
- 6 x 170 amp/hr house batteries 2014.
- Separate start batteries for main engine, generator and diesel electric pump 2010
- 50 amp isolation regulator 2006/07
The whole electrical system of the vessel was replaced in 2006/07. All wiring is new as well as the 220 and 24 volt panels.
- 100amp 24v battery charger and new 2k watt inverter (2014).
- 2 x 24v alternators on main engine
- Shore power connection
- Salt water deck wash-down 2006/07
- Idromar Water maker 280 1/h (1700 gallons per day) serviced 2010
- Pressurised hot and cold water system throughout
- 220v electric water heater (October 2004)
- New membranes fitted 2014, plus a fresh water sensor.
- Fuel tank total: 10,000 litres (2641 gallons) + 2,000 (528 gallons) litres reserve
- Water tank total: 2,000 litres (528 gallons)
- Black and grey water holding tanks: replaced 2006/07, 1x black water and 2 x grey water
The main boom with 24V winch functions as a very strong lifting device from the starboard side for the tender and other water sports equipment.
The boom crane is hydraulic, powered from the hydraulic windlass via the Yanmar 55hp diesel engine, which also powers the bow thruster.
- Main anchor, 200 kg with 200 meters of chain
- 24v Manual search light
- Air horn
- Two clearview 24V wind shield viewers
- Swimming/Diving platform with steps
- Stainless steel med style swim ladder
- On deck fresh-water shower
Hydraulic windlass 2006/07 on foredeck and Simpson Lawrence 800 24V capstan on aft deck. There is a new diesel/hydraulic pump servicing the bowthruster and windlass (55hp Yanmar engine) serviced 2010.
- 380 Joker rib with 40 hp Yamaha 4 stroke engine (60 hours) 2006/07, serviced 2013.
Sleeps eight in four staterooms, plus captain's cabin and two crew in the separate crew cabin
The whole interior has been modernized in the 2006/07 refit, staying true to the yacht’s classical style, using hard wood flooring, genuine leather upholstery, modernizing the lightning (more than 50 built in Cantaluppi spotlights), renovating details such as the brass salon and reading lights, door handles, hinges and knobs. The veneer has been re-furbished throughout the vessel. There are new mattresses and upholstery throughout the vessel.
In the wheelhouse an observation sofa in classical leather style has been built behind the wheel.
The saloon has been lightened, by using light upholstery on the new widen built in sofas, new curtains, built in spotlights in the ceiling and an oak hard wood floor. An office corner was created with a desk.
In the galley, all cabinets and drawers have been renewed, a new oak hard wood floor fitted, new marble work surface, new sink and a wooden sliding door built in.
The dining area has new wood veneer half wall panels created throughout the area, new hardwood oak floor and burgundy leather upholstery on the sofas and built in spotlights in the ceiling all in order to create a classic relaxed atmosphere.
All cabins were modernized through built in wall lights, new wall to wall ivory wool carpets. New drawers with modern mechanisms were installed and most wood has been re veneered.
The heads compartments have been re designed and renovated. Forward there are two spacious bathrooms, both with walk in shower cabins, champagne colour tile, holly striped teak flooring and white ceiling with built in spot lights.
Previously the aft accommodations section only had one bathroom for the two cabins to share. This area has now been re-designed and the aft cabin now has a large en-suite heads compartment in the same style as in front heads compartments. The other cabin how has en-suite WC, again in the same style and both share the large shower room, with separate entrances from the two heads compartments.
- All pots, pans, glasses, plates, and cooking utensils
- Spares and tools
- Bed linen
- 2 x Domestic fridge freezers.
- Siemens microwave oven, oven, hub and extractor 2006/07
- 26’’ LCD flat screen TV 2013
- DVD player 2006/07
- Playstation 2
- Denon amplifier, Denon CD player, 4 channel speaker selector. Speakers built in, in the saloon, 2 x Boss 151 speakers in the outside living area on the bridge deck all 2006/07
- 6 Sealand electric WCs 2006/07
- Large selection of bed linen and towels
Complete new navigation equipment from Furuno all fitted 2006/07;
- M-1834C 36 with 10,4’’ colour screen
- 36 mile radar
- FM-8800S VHF
- NAV-500 autopilot
- LH-3000 Loudhailer (bridge, forward deck, crew cabin, aft deck and engine room)
- 520-5 MSD transducer for depth, speed and sea temperature
- Wind sensor
CCTV system installed with two 7’’ monitors on the bridge and three cameras (looking aft, looking at the front main deck and one in the engine room).
- 11 lifejackets
- 2 Avon liferafts, 6 man offshore,
- 11 fire extinguishers, CO2, foam and powder (serviced 2010)
- Jotron EPIRB 2006/07
- Jotron SART2006/07
- Centralised fire detection system 2006/07; operates in the engine room. Serviced 2010.