ALLANTE is a classic Burger in yacht condition. Her traditional profile together with Burger's customary teak trim and railings makes ALLANTE one of the most appealing designs on the waterfront. She is stunning from all angles. Several years ago the yacht's entire interior received a major refit which included all new Mahogany raised panel joiner work throughout. From 2014-2019, the yacht has been carefully restored and upgraded. A list of the work is provided. ALLANTE is in beautiful condition and is stored in a boathouse near Vancouver, B.C. Canada.
ALLANTE offers three double staterooms aft, each with ensuite head and shower. There are separate crew quarters forward for three or four persons plus a separate crew lounge. Access to the full width, stand-up engine room is from the crew quarters. On the main deck starting forward is the formal dining salon/study, the fully updated galley, lovely main salon with traditional Honduras Mahogany paneling and cabinetry, and a full width aft deck salon. The cockpit, which was added to the vessel several years ago, is accessed from the aft deck via stairs aft to starboard. For handling improvement the rudders were replaced with 48" foil shaped, asymmetrical rudders and the yacht's keel was extended to achieve directional stability. The pilothouse, situated between the main salon aft and the galley forward, is raised three steps above the main deck level for excellent visibility. Access to the flybridge is from the pilothouse via the built-in stairs to starboard.
The full width master cabin is aft with walkaround California king sized berth with bedside cabinets to port and starboard and bulkhead mounted reading lamps. Bureaus are built-in on each side of the bed with numerous drawers. Large line drawers are located beneath the bed on each side and at the foot. Cedar lined, his and hers closets are outboard and include a safe for owner's valuables. The ensuite head is forward to starboard and includes a lighted vanity with large mirrors, towel bars, marble counter with under-mounted sink, marble inlaid sole, and a glass enclosed bathtub with shower.
Port and Starboard Guest
The two guest cabins are forward of the master with a companionway between and a linen locker at the end of the hall. A laundry center is also built-in to port. Both staterooms have cedar lined hanging closets as well as ensuite heads with showers. The port side guest room is furnished with twin lower berths and an extra Pullman berth with custom partitions for infants. The starboard stateroom is furnished with a queen sized berth and a fold-down single berth Pullman.
The décor and furnishings in all three staterooms is traditional and elegant. Digital air conditioning controls enable precise control of temperature and humidity. All three heads in the owner/guest accommodations were refit with new marble flooring, vanity fixtures, and marble countertops. Lighting has been updated as well the decor is crisp, clean, and traditional.
Crew accommodations are all the way forward, accessed from the passageway connecting the pilothouse to the galley and formal dining salon forward there are two separate staterooms for the crew and one head. The forward cabin, to starboard, has upper and lower berths to starboard with a work station desk and storage cabinets opposite. A refrigerator is aft to starboard and an overhead deck hatch provides access to the foredeck. Forward from this stateroom is the watertight door access to the chain locker which shows the forward framing and shell plating to be dry and in as new condition. Aft to port is the crew head with marble counter and sole and a walk-in shower. Next aft is the crew lounge with a built-in TV. Opposite to starboard is the captain's cabin with a queen berth, closet and abundant drawer space.
The engine room is accessed from the crew quarters through a watertight engine room bulkhead door. The engine room is full width and has full standing headroom. there has been a great deal of attention paid to the engine room and it shows. Many updated and new systems have been installed and the entire engine room is spotlessly clean. An aluminum workbench is located just forward of the starboard engine. Dripless stuffing boxed were installed on the main engine shafts. The bilges are clean and dry and there are four independent bilge pumps in the engine room including a high capacity pup equipped with a fool proof float switch which, when activated, also activates an alarm system programmed to telephone the captain or owner.
All of the yacht's interior woodwork has either been refinished or replaced. Great attention to detail is evident throughout in the updating process while still retaining the vessel's original and traditional charm.
Aft of the galley and forward of the main salon is the teak lined pilothouse. There is excellent visibility forward and to each side with three large windows across the front. the teak and holly sole shines beautifully underfoot.
The entire pilothouse electronic console was updated with new woodwork and sensibly mounted instrumentation. Overhead monitors include the vessel's closed circuit television system with engine room and rear facing cameras along with battery and electrical system monitors, wind, depth, speed and heading monitors and one of two pilothouse VHF radios.
There is a built-in, upholstered bench seat aft to port with chart drawers and teak and holly foot rests below. A stairway to port provides easy access to the flybridge area. A passageway offset to starboard opens aft to the galley and main salon area.
Navigational Equiment and Electronics
- Radar: Garmin Multi-Function new 2019
- GPS: Garmin Multi-Function new 2019
- Radio(s) Two Garmin VHF radios with AIS and command mics, new 2019
- Echo Sounder: Garmin Multi-Function new 2019
- Auto Pilot: Garmin
- Compass: Via the Garmin Multi-Function display
- Horn: Electric/air
- Searchlight: Two 12" chrome Perko-type remote
- Speed Indicator By GPS and Garmin Multi-Function
New 42" Samsung flat screen TV on lift; two new TracVision satellite receivers, new entertainment system throughout vessel including cabin to cabin AV controls and communication system plus flat screen TV mounted to forward California deck bulkhead
Forward and down a few steps from the pilothouse is the passage door into the galley to port. Large windows on both sides of the vessel bring in plenty of natural light while there are also new lighting fixtures overhead and beneath cabinets. The countertops are white formica and cabinet faces and hardware were recently updated, doors painted Chevy white hi-gloss Imron for a crisp yacht look. The galley soles as with the companionway and pilothouse were updated with gloss finished teak and holly. Forward from the galley is the formal dining salon, also with large windows port and starboard and paneled in richly finished Honduras mahogany.
Stove: Wolf stainless-steel oven, Dacor induction stovetop, Samsung microwave
Refrigerator: GE stainless-steel side-by-side fridge/freezer plus fridge in command bridge bar area and ice maker and fridge on California deck plus refrigerator in crew quarters. Viking compactor. Fisher Pykel dishwasher.
Heating: Cruisair reverse cycle heating/air conditioning, 13 zone with electric heat strips
Other: Miele washer and dryer in crew quarters plus washer and dryer in companionway adjacent to master stateroom. two new hot water tanks fitted, one at approximately 30 gallons plus one at approximately 20 gallons. One main freshwater tank (approximately 300 gallons) plus two blackwater tanks (approximately 150 gallons each) One greywater tank (approximately 180 gallons) 2 @ Mach-5 domestic water pumps. Electric freshwater flush head systems. FCI watermaker with UV filtration system.
Aft from the galley to starboard is the passageway to the main salon area. Stairs to the raised pilothouse are inboard of this passageway as is the one-deck powder room. The main salon is surrounded by large windows fitted with curtains and shades. The salon woodwork is beautifully finished mahogany including an exposed beam overhead. There is ample built-in storage all the way aft including a cabinet for entertainment electronics and the flat screen television which can be lowered out of sight. Access to the owner and guest staterooms is aft to port in the main salon by way of a well lighted stairway. Access to the aft deck is opposite to starboard.
Aft Deck Salon
The aft deck salon is full width and planked with continuous length teak planking. On the forward bulkhead is a teak wet bar with sink, refrigerator, ice maker and storage cabinets. To port and starboard, teak framed wing doors provide access to the side decks. The aft salon is nicely furnished with rattan style seating, a built-in bench seat aft, and a pedestal mounted dining table. The aft salon is enclosed with sliding windows to each side and EZ2CY panels across the rear. Two independent air handlers supply this aft area with air conditioning or heating as desired.
The flybridge console is forward with a centerline helm station and two pedestal mounted helm chairs with footrests. Aft to port is an L-shaped settee with dry storage beneath. The radar mast is centered and has built-in cabinetry beneath for storage and a refrigerator/ice maker. Opposite to port is a built-in cabinet for storage.
Aft of the flybridge is the boat deck with chocked cradles for two tenders and an 8 person liferaft canister. A Marquipt hydraulic operated crane has more than adequate capacity for launching the vessel’s tenders.
- Controls for engines, stabilizers, bow thruster, air horns, engine synchronizer, searchlights
- 2 Furuno Navnet C-map GPS/Radar/Plotter/Depth
- Simrad depth, speed, water temp. and wind gauges
- Magnetic compass
- Robertson autopilot controls
- Furuno GP-33 GPS
- 2 Icom VHF radios
- Jenssen am/fm CD player
- Marquip custom tender crane
- 15’ Novurania HBI tender w/ 50hp Honda OB
- 14’ Sea Scanner w/ 50 hp Honda OB
- Radar mast lowering is 120V mechanically operated and has custom fitted tabernacle
- Flybridge hardtop with full 3 side Isinglass zippered enclosure
- Flybridge wet bar with U-line refrig/ice maker
- Dual trumpet Kahlenberg air horns
- Dual remote operated searchlights, Carlisle and Finch
- Flybridge hardtop with 3 side enclosure
- 2 Pompanette Deluxe stainless steel helm chairs
- Custom stainless steel anchor pulpit and roller system
- 80 kg Bruce anchor
- 105lb CQR Plow anchor
- 400’ ½” marine grade galvanized chain
- Ideal Electric 220V windlass system
- Rod holders in cockpit
- Transom door
- Swim platform
- Swim ladder
- Cockpit shower system
- Cockpit awning
- Built-in storage cabinets in cockpit
- Stainless steel cockpit sink
- Tide ride boarding stairs
- Side mount boarding ladder
- Fenders and lines
- Additional freezer in cockpit lazarette
- Extra fuel tank beneath swim platform
Engine Room/Mechanical Equipment
- GM 12V71 TI main engines, 2400 hours since last major overhaul
- 24 Volt main engine starters
- Walker Airseps
- Twin Disc transmissions, 3:1 reduction
- Metcalf main engine exhaust risers/mufflers – 2008
- Complete set spare main engine exhaust manifolds
- Port engine mounted hydraulic PTO – bow thruster
- Quantum stabilizers
- Dual hydraulic steering pumps
- Dual hydraulic stabilizer pumps
- Twin 32kw Northern Lights generators
- Centek water-drop generator exhaust silencers
- Racor fuel filters
- Flo-Scan fuel monitoring system
- Flo-Scan digital tachometers
- Engine room engine instruments and digital tachometers
- Fuel transfer system w/ timer system
- Built-in oil change system
- Underwater exhaust with low speed side valves
- Delta-T engine room de-misters
- Variable speed 110V engine room blower system
- Active engine room air intake system
- 3 automatic/manual bilge pumps
- High capacity 2” diaphragm bilge pump system
- 2 bilge sumps with automatic pump systems
- Glendenning electronic engine controls, manual back-up system
- Glendenning engine synchronizer
- Jastrom hydraulic steering w/ back-up system
- Quantum oversized stabilizer system, ARC 3000
- Quantum hydraulic 50 hp thruster
- Halon engine room fire control system and fire extinguishers throughout
- Cruisair air conditioning w/ reverse cycle heat – 13 units
- SMX digital air condition controls throughout
- Spare props and stub shaft
- 48' Naca asymmetrical rudders
- Black and gray water sump tanks
- Engine alarms and emergency stops
- Acoustical and thermal engine room insulation
- 30 gallon water heater in engine room in addition to 50 gallon in lazaette
- Village Marine 600 gpd water maker
- Ultraviolet domestic fresh water purifying system
- Five Headhunter Royal Flush fresh water heads
- Headhunter tank monitor system with alarms
- Mechanical bilge pump and 3 back-up pumps
- 450 gallon black water holding tank capacity
- 100 gallon gray water tank capacity
- Lasdrop dripless shaft seals
- Shaft saver coupling discs
- Rolla 5 blade propellers
- 2/24/110/220V systems
- Two 32kw Northern Lights generators, 12V starters, 110/220V output
- Port and starboard shore power connections, 100amp single phase
- Dual Stabiline voltage regulators
- Dual Acme isolation transformers
- Two Mastervolt 24V automatic battery chargers
- Mastervolt 12V automatic battery charger
- 24V Engine starting system
- 12/24V shipboard emergency lighting system
- 2 – 24V battery banks 2 – 12V battery banks
Major Upgrade Summary
During the current ownership of the vessel (2014-2019)refit and upgrade work has been undertaken. This work includes but is not limited to the following:
- Command bridge fiberglass hardtop replaced new, and new custom anodized aluminum tube frame support structure installed. All canvas enclosures replaced.
- Radar and signal mast modified and repainted. Hydraulic mast lift installed.
- Command bridge clear panel enclosures renewed
- New command bridge teak decking installed
- New command bridge helm console fabricated, and powder coated. All new command bridge instrumentation upgrades installed
- Auxiliary tender and outboard installed (2014)
- Ship's wiring system reviewed, and extensive upgrading undertaken including new breaker panels, new shorepower transformer and shorepower management systems which now provide constant 240 volts
- Machinery space generally overhauled, including repainting of main engines, replacement of all engine hosing, upgrading of fuel system, replacement of the air compressor, new tank cages installed, new engine air filters installed, general detailing and updating completed
- Overhaul of gensets
- Installation of Comar shorepower control
- Servicing of all machinery space ancillary equipment
- General detailing throughout the machinery space
- Ship's lighting systems updated to LED
- All new navigation electronics and ship's on board monitoring system installed.
- All new galley and domestic appliances
- Salon coffered ceiling refinished
- New tank monitoring system installed as part of the Maretron integrated monitoring system
- Extensive exterior paint work and fairing and numerous repairs undertaken
- All exterior brightwork including teak rails and caps stripped and refinished.
- New stainless-steel bow rail installed
- Vessel hauled for annual maintenance of underbody barrier coat and application of International Trilux III anti-fouling paint. Annual service work also includes inspection of all below waterline through-hull fittings, running gear and components as well as replacement of sacrificial anodes.
- An early 1800 Chippendale collectible dining room set was independently valued at over $150,000 US dollars. This dining room set remains permanently installed in the dining room area.
- Turbochargers replaced 2019
- New in-floor heat system installed throughout all interior spaces except the engine room
- All mechanical systems reworked and updated as necessary
- All teak decking replaced or upgraded as necessary
ALLANTE is one of the last of the Hargrave influenced designs from Burger at this length. She offers excellent volume resulting in three private staterooms aft, each with ensuite head and shower. She also has one of the nicest open aft decks to be found on a yacht of this size She is also unique in that her owners restored her and yet retains the charm and functionality of a traditional custom yacht. The crew quarters are also very spacious for a vessel of this size offering two separate staterooms and a comfortable crew lounge. Exterior paint and varnish are in excellent condition as are her teak decks. Her interior woodwork and furnishings reflect the fit and finish one would expect aboard a much newer Burger yacht. ALLANTE represents an outstanding opportunity to own an extremely clean, restored, traditional yacht with an excellent pedigree. She has been carefully restored to the finest yacht condition.