- Model Year:
- Year Built:
- United States
- 42' 0" (12.80m)
- 13' 7" (4.14m)
- Min Draft:
- 1' 6" (0.46m)
- Max Draft:
- 4' 8" (1.42m)
Speed, Capacities and Weight
- Water Capacity:
- 45 Gallons
- Holding Tank:
- 210 Gallons
- Fuel Capacity:
- 400 Gallons
- Total Berths:
- Total Heads:
Hull and Deck Information
- Hull Material:
- John Deere
- John Deere 4045TFM
- Engine Type:
- Fuel Type:
"Hard" Ship was purchased by the current knowable owners (2nd owners) in 2007. They have continued exceptional maintenance, updating systems and amenities, while creating amazing cruising memories. Designed by Charles Wittholz (with hull and deck lines that resemble the Hatteras LRC 42 Mark II 1980-1985) and built by Florida veteran builder Treworgy Yachts this fine
little ship was built for the Treworgy owners themselves. After decades of experience in commercial shipbuilding and luxury sailboats, they knew what to include for a safe, comfortable, and economical yacht. Built of steel with an aluminum fly-bridge and no exterior varnish to ma...
"Hard" Ship was purchased by the current knowable owners (2nd owners) in
2007. They have continued exceptional maintenance, updating systems and
amenities, while creating amazing cruising memories. Designed by
Charles Wittholz (with hull and deck lines that resemble the Hatteras
LRC 42 Mark II 1980-1985) and built by Florida veteran builder Treworgy
Yachts this fine little ship was built for the Treworgy owners
themselves. After decades of experience in commercial shipbuilding and
luxury sailboats, they knew what to include for a safe, comfortable, and
economical yacht. Built of steel with an aluminum fly-bridge and no
exterior varnish to maintain. She includes: 2 John Deere engines;15KW
generator; water maker; Bimini with side curtains; built-in flybridge
settee with storage; integrated swim platform; tempered glass windows,
3/8" pilot house windows; new awlgrip paint; new bottom paint and
fenders with holders. "Hard" Ship has been cruised from the Florida Keys
to Maine with in-between trips to Bahamas and has proven herself to be
an economical and seaworthy vessel. She rides and handles beautifully,
has an amazing layout maximizing space yet providing ease of movement
throughout the vessel and lots of storage. "Hard" Ship provides
economical cruising, with fuel consumption of less than 4 gallons/hour a
range of 600 miles with a 15% reserve. "Hard" Ship is in ready to
cruise condition taking her new owners on new adventures. She is Great Loop capable, with maximum height at 18"6' and draft of 4'9".
This is a one of a kind amazing true steel quality vessel, well maintained that will turn heads ..... Don't delay!!
Entering from the port side, the amidships door leads into the salon. At the forward starboard side of
the salon is the helm station with door going to starboard deck. Forward of
salon and helm and down 2 steps is a gourmet galley. Forward and to starboard
is the guest head. The forward guest cabin has queen center-line berth. Aft of
the salon is a landing with laundry center and door entry into the engine room.
Aft is the large master stateroom king bed with full head. Quality cabinetry
and joiner work throughout. Light varnished maple woodwork and generous use of
windows adds to warmth, brightness, and ambiance. Plentiful stowage and well
planned accommodations and layout maximize practicality of spaces. With no ladder steps the layout flows for ease of passenger movement. Floors are carpeted
throughout with a maple floor in galley. "Hard " Ship exudes quality of
construction for comfortable and safe cruising.
Galley was designed by
builder's wife, who is a chef, and offers a bright roomy ease of work design
while accommodating generous stores of equipment and supplies, yet allows the
chef to be a participant in the main deck activities at the helm or in salon.
Includes a maple sole, double S/S sinks, Princess electric stove/oven with
solid burners for even heat control, microwave oven (2016) Summit AC refrigerator/freezer (2016), U-Line ice-maker/refrigerator (new ice-maker 2011), coffee maker cabinet, in counter storage, filtered water at sink and ice-maker,
Galley has a floor hatch to a massive
storage area with bins also housing forward Cruiseair (new 2014)
To see a 360 picture of galley paste this link to your browser:
The bright and open salon was designed for comfortable living and casual entertaining. Port and starboard entry doors complement the large panoramic tinted windows allow for bright light and (2) open for fresh air ventilation. Window treatments provide for privacy. L shaped Settee and a Hi/Lo sliding dining table offer comfort and practicality generous stowage. Headroom is over 6'6". Cruisair RC AC/heat plus baseboard electrical heating. Flat screen TV/audio entertainment systems within built in cabinets complete amenities. The ships electrical panel is concealed in Solon cabinetry for easy access without disrupting woodwork seminary of the Solon.
To see a 360 picture of salon paste this link to your browser:
Spacious master stateroom was a key focal point of this custom build and offers privacy and comfort with amazing storage and counter space. With over 6'3" headroom and center-line king berth with custom mattress, the openness is unique for a yacht of this size and contains 8 windows all with Ocean Air sun reflecting privacy shades, and 5 of the windows open and are screened. Overhead screened hatch with a solar fan provides light and additional ventilation. Generous stowage includes 2 hanging lockers on port and starboard, 4 cabinets with shelving (2 are double door), 3 spacious drawers. Under-bed easy access storage adds amazing flexibility for long cruises and or parts storage. Built in sliding cabinet door provides TV and electronics storage. Full length dressing mirror is locate on inside or master stateroom entrance sliding pocket-door. In-suite head is quite luxurious - full stand-up shower, good cabinet stowage with a clean and bright look; Galley Maid freshwater electric heads provide very dependable service. Excellent lighting is provided by recessed in-ceiling and bed side reading lights. Three built in prisms provide ambiance an additional light. The laundry is located just outside of master stateroom. Dedicated Cruisair heat and A/C plus baseboard electric heat provide for climate comfort.
To see a 360 picture of master state room paste this link to your browser:
This comfortable forward stateroom
with a custom queen-size bed is bright and roomy with abundant
stowage, a privacy sliding entrance door. Guest comfort is enhanced by a roomy adjacent head with a unique wet
shower. Storage includes hanging locker, 3 under bed storage draws, plus under
bed easy access storage. Two windows with Ocean Air shades and an overhead
hatch with solar vent provide ventilation and great lighting. Overhead recessed
lighting and bed reading lamps. Dedicated Cruiseair provides in room control of
heat and AC.
To see a 360 picture of forward stateroom paste this link to your browser:
Lower Helm Station - Amidships helm station allows for good visibility and helmsman inclusion in the salon and galley activities with convenient access to decks with entry door at helm.
- Dirigo Fluxgate compass
- Furuno chart plotter
- Furuno NavNet chart plotter/radar 1833C 4KW 36 nm 2' open array. Furuno 6000 sounder
- Robertson AP20 autopilot
- Icom VHF
- Windlass remote
- Guest remote spotlight
- Maple steering wheel, hand crafted
- Hynautic steering
- Kobelt controls
- J Deere engine gauges
- Kilopak genset gauges
- Fuel gauges
- BW Tank Watch
- FW gauge
- Camera monitor for engine room and aft facing cameras
- Exhaust hi temp alarm
Upper Fly-bridge Helm
- excellent viability, stainless steel ships wheel center mounted with large console, Isinglass enclosure, and L shaped settee.
With the following electronics:
- Furuno 6000 depth/fish finder
- Furuno GPS GP-32
- Furuno NavNet chart plotter/radar 1833C 4KW 36nm 2ft open array
- Robertson AP20 autopilot
- VHF Standard Horizon Matrix with GPS, AIS, DSC (2015)
- J Deere engine gauges
- J Deere engine alarms
- Windlass remote
- Searchlight remote
- Pompanette helm seat
- Stereo speakers
Molded curved stairs with stainless hand rails make access to the
flybridge easy and safe. This is a great area for operating the vessel
or for entertaining. Finished fared aluminum freshly painted with
Awlgrip. The floor is Awlgrip nonskid. An L shaped settee seats 7 with
lockable under seat storage and Sumbrella cushions recovered in 2014. A
Pompanette adjustable swivel helm seat is centered.at helm console;
there is room to add a second helm seat. Enclosure is Sunbrella with
heavy stainless support tubing, spot welded at critical connections.
Under helm storage is spacious and accessible from double sliding doors.
A radar arch over back of fly-bridge with downward LED blue or white
lighting provides a convenient platform for antennas and radar. Stereo
speakers are mounted in sides of fly-bridge. A movable table on nonskid
legs provides convenience.. Everyone's favorite spot!
- The aft deck is a large open area affording easy
accessibility to the flybridge or the swim platform and dinghy.
Additional seating or dining accommodations could easily be added for
- Avon 10' RIB dinghy
- Evinrude 15hp 2 cycle outboard
- Weaver davits on swim platform
- Freshwater wash-down
- Transom shower
- Full side curtain screens deck to rail
- St Croix Hoist
- Deck curiosity lights all steps, walkways and swim platform.
- Muir windlass and cover
- Delta 45# anchor
- 280' 3/8" HT chain
- Windshield sun screen
- Kahlenberg air horns
- Hepworth washers/wipers dual speed
- Guest searchlight
- SW wash-down
- (4) fenders 10.5"x27" w/ holders and covers
With over 25 years in the commercial and luxury yacht building business,
Treworgy Yachts Palm Coat Florida, the builders and first owners, used
their experience and knowledge to build a heavy-duty, rugged, safe,
efficient, yacht finish and comfortable-riding hull.
hull is semi-displacement with keel and hard chine. The keel is lower
than the props for grounding protection. Hull construction is of 10
gauge mild steel plate A36 with 1/4" plate on the keel sides and 1/2"
plate on the keel bottom.
- Hull bottom plate was audio gauged
(ultrasonic inspection) by the materials testing lab InspecTesting
7/2017 plate was found to have no corrective action needed.
- The flybridge is constructed of 3/16" 5086 marine grade aluminum plate.
- Awlgrip paint system hull and topsides repainted 2 coats primer and 3 coats Vestal White in 2013 thru 2016.
bottom was sandblasted to "white metal" barrier coating of Devoe Catha
Coat 302H inorganic Zinc primer topped with 3 coats Devoe Bar Rust 235
in different colors and 3 coat of anti fouling. 8/2017 bottom redone;
sanded then 3 coats Pettit Hydro Coat Eco anti fouling;
- 9/2018 hauled for inspection, zincs, hull waxing with Awlcare , replace transducer and new coat of anti fouling.
- Minimum 2" sprayed polyurethane insulation throughout interior hull except in engine room and forward bilge.
- Tempered tinted windows are by Pacific Coast Marine and are 3/8" forward and 1/4" elsewhere.
- Stainless steel handrails, gates, cleats and boarding ladder and seacocks.
- (3) Polyethylene water tanks. (210 gal total)
- Port and starboard boarding gates
- Integral swim platform with SS drop down ladder
- There is no exterior wood to maintain
tanks integrated into P&S sides of hull avoiding typical rust
issues total 400+ gal clean/out access plates and drain valves.
SoundDown insulation in addition to sound deadening sandwich
plywood around engine room assures the ultimate in quiet operation. All
equipment is easily and comfortably accessible.
- Extensive amount of spare parts include: a new prop, injectors,
engine impellers, filters, starter, 4 raw water pumps, wash-down pump,
main engine water pump, complete spare belts, gasket sets, gen exhaust
elbow, house water pump, transmission cooler, hoses, extensive set of
mechanic tools, prop-puller and many more maintenance items.
Manuals: All operating, electronic, systems and mechanical manuals including schematic of boat wiring.
Maintenance and service Log book- carefully maintained from launch includes receipts from all repairs, maintenance and equipment since 2007.
Overview of key items:
John Deere 130 hp, 3500 hrs.( last serviced 11/2017; adjust valves,
new injectors, water pumps, all heat exchangers cleaned, new hoses, oil
and coolant samples annually last 10 years)
- props 1 1/2" shaft 22x20 Michigan
- PSS dripless shaft seals
- (3) Cruisair reverse cycle (RC) AC/Heat units, oberdorfer high volume sea water pump (systems flushed/cleaned annually)
- Baseboard supplemental heating in salon / master stateroom
- SeaRecovery 600g/d water maker serviced 6/2018
- AstroPure water purifier Galley drinking water and ice-maker
- Fresh Water hose bib in eng. room
- Dual Racor R11 30M primary filters w vacuum gauge on each main engine
- Racor R11 30M primary filter generator
- (2) 105 amp alternators main engines (rebuilt 2017)
- 150 amp alternator (generator)
- Muir electric windlass with 45# Delta anchor 250' 3/8 HT chain
- Oil change pump
- Blackwater pump ( new 2016)
- (2) high volume bilge pumps
- Emergency bilge alarms
- Exhaust overheat alarm
- Fireboy engine room fire system with auto eng. shut down
- CO2 and Smoke detectors
- House water pump HeadHunter X-Caliber
- Heads and head pumps / macerators trouble free Galley Maid
- Engine room vice
- 50 AMP power inlet 120v each leg total 240v and 50' white cord
- KiloPak 15kW generator; Izusu 4LC1 engine, 5200 hrs. (mechanic inspected 11/2017)
- Heart 2500kW inverter w/ charger, monitor panel
- Wards 12v/110 electric panel
- Island Time WiFi System includes booster/antenna and router
6v AGM Lifeline batteries for house; (1) 12v AGM 8D Lifeline battery
for starting - new 9/2018 ; battery combining ability for starting if
- Full ship Charles isolation transformer - electrically
isolates the AC shore power from the boat's AC power system. The
boat's electrical system and the grounding conductor are not actually
connected to the shore-side power. There is no direct electrical
connection between earth-grounded shore AC power and the on
board electrical system. The shore ground is connected to a shield that
is wound between the primary (shore) and the secondary (boat)
transformer winding. The connection of this grounding wire only to the
shield of the transformer isolates the boat's AC electrical system from
shore. Greatly reduces potential for in-water shock hazard also
eliminates the need for polarity alarms and galvanic isolators.
Safety & Fire Protection
- Aqua Signal navigation lights (rebuilt 2016)
- Life jackets 4 type1 strobes and whistles; 5 type 2; 2 inflatable vest
- Throw ring
- Danforth secondary/storm anchor, 250' 3/4' line
- Scuba tank with regulator, airline hose, fins, mask
- Prop Protector rope cutters each shaft
- Spare prop new 22x20 Michigan
- 3 hand held fire extinguishers
- Engine room Fireboy with Auto Engine Shutdown
- Orin safety package flares hand held, shotgun and electronic
- Avon 10' RIB dinghy
- Evinrude 15hp 2 cycle outboard electric start (recent service)
- Weaver davits on swim platform
- Running lights
- Portable hand held depth finder
- Life jackets
- Anchor chain and rope
- Tool kit.